Carrots Cake, Sarabeth’s Bakery
1 cup all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
½ teaspoon fine sea salt
1 cup superfine sugar
¾ cup vegetable oil
2 large eggs, at room temperature
1 ½ cups grated carrots (use large holes on box grater)
½ cup (8 ounces) minced pineapple (canned is fine)
½ cup (2 ounces) walnuts, toasted and coarsely chopped
½ cup seedless raising
How to make this recipe
- Position a rack in the center of the oven and preheat to 375 degrees F. Spray bundt pan with cooking spray (or flour and butter it).
- Sift the flour, cinnamon, baking powder, baking soda and salt together in a medium bowl
- Combine the sugar, oil and eggs in the bowl of a stand mixer. Attach the bowl to the mixer and fit with the whisk attachment. Beat on high speed until the mixture has thickened slightly and is light in color and texture, about 3 minutes.
- Reduce the mixer speed to low. In thirds, add the flour mixture and mix, scraping down the sides of the bowl as needed, just until the batter is smooth.
- Add the carrots, pineapple, walnuts and raisins and mix until combined. Pour into the prepared pan and smooth the top with a spatila.
- Bake until the cake tester inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean, about 45 minutes. Let cool in the pan on a wire rack for 10 minutes. Invert and unmold the cake onto the rack and let cool completely. The cake can be stored at rom temperature, wrapped in plastic wrap, for up to 2 days.