1 cup walnuts
1 1/2 cups powdered sugar
1/2 cup plus 1 tablespoon unsweetened powdered cocoa
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 egg whites, room temperature (about ¼ cup)
1/2 tablespoon vanilla
How to Make this Recipe
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
1) Roast walnuts in oven for 10 minutes until aromatic.
2) While roasting, separate 2 eggs.
3) Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
4) When walnuts are well roasted, set aside to cool. Chop finely with chopper or food processor.
5) In a bowl, whisk together salt, cocoa and powdered sugar.
6) Add the walnuts and whisk again.
7) Stir in the egg whites and vanilla, combining well but being careful not to overmix as batter will turn quite stiff.
8) Spoon the batter into mounds. If possible, roll into balls and flatten for a nicer looking cookie. Bake for 20 minutes, rotating baking sheet after 9 minutes