2019 Classes and Camps
Come join La Toque for winter, spring and summer cooking fun. I’ve created a set of classes which I’m hoping offers something for everyone. You’ll notice there are after school classes for young chefs. Your chefs will bring home dinner for 4 on those nights. I’m offering two dessert classes, including my ever popular Chocolate Confections class during the March pausd school holiday. In the summer, I’m delighted to bring you a full week of amazing recipes from Yotam Ottolenghi.
Questions? Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
After School Classes
Stay Tuned for After School classes in fall, 2019
- New classes coming fall, 2019
- June 3-7, 9-noon, Delectable Dinners: Yummy Yotam Ottolenghi, ages 10-15, teacher: Cindy Roberts, $295 SOLD OUT
- June 3-7, 12:30-3:30pm, Delectable Dinners: Yummy Yotam Ottolenghi, ages 10-15, teacher: Cindy Roberts, $295 SOLD OUT
- June 10-14, 9-noon, Delectable Dinners: Yummy Yotam Ottolenghi, ages 10-15, teacher: Cindy Roberts, $295 SOLD OUT
- June 24-28, 9-noon, Easy Peasy Meals for Younger Kids, ages 6-9, teacher: Cindy Roberts, $295 2 SPACES LEFT
- June 24-28, 1:30-4:30pm, Baking Bonanza, ages 10-15, teacher: Meenu Bhasin, $295, SOLD OUT
- July 8-12, 9-noon, Easy Peasy Meals for Younger Kids, ages 6-9, teacher: Cindy Roberts, $295 SOLD OUT
- July 22-26, 9-noon, Bread and Croissants, ages 12-18, teacher: Cindy Roberts, $295 SOLD OUT
- July 29-August 2, 9-noon, Chocolate Champions, ages 10-15, teacher: Cindy Roberts, $295 SOLD OUT
- July 29-August 2, 12:30-3:30pm, Chocolate Champions, ages 10-15, teacher: Cindy Roberts, $295 SOLD OUT
BAKING BONANZA – Campers will explore the delicious world of baking in this week long summer camp, where 3-4 recipes will be taught every day. If your child loves to bake and eat a variety of desserts, then this camp will enhance their culinary skills and sweet senses! Some of the week’s recipes include Chocolate Chip Cookies, Lava Cupcakes, Apple Pie, Egg Tarts, Muffins, Orange Scones, Cheesecake, Banoffee Pie, Pineapple Upside Down Cake, Buttermilk Biscuits, Shortbread, Flan, Banana Bread, Strawberry Pretzel Bars, Brownies, Carrot Cake, Cobbler, Lemon Bars, Donuts and Fruity Phyllo Puff Pastry Bites.
EZ PEASY MEALS FOR YOUNGER KIDS – If you’re ready to get your younger children cooking up a storm, this camp is for you. Young chefs will learn basic cooking techniques in a fun environment geared towards children ages 6-9. They’ll exit the week with a full dinner menu they’ll be proud of including hand cranked pasta, guacamole, quesadillas and cornbread. As a special treat, the campers will compete in a cupcake decorating contest and a chocolate tasting.
DELECTABLE DINNERS: YUMMY YOTAM OTTOLENGHI – Yotam Ottolenghi is all the rage on the cookbook scene. He has done wonders to capture the imagination of home cooks with “Jerusalem”, “Plenty”, “Sweet” and his recently published “Ottolenghi Simple”. Cindy had the pleasure of meeting Yotam and many hours in the kitchen sampling his recipes. She’ll share the wealth of this culinary genius with her students as we explore the recipes in his books.
BREADS AND CROISSANTS – Have fun making bread and croissants. Cindy attended a bread making class in Paris at the Cordon Bleu and she’ll bring her knowledge about the bread making craft to young chefs this summer. The short course in 2018 was such a hit that this is back for a full week with additional bread recipes.
We’ll be cooking a host of chocolate treats including chocolate confections and compete in a chocolate cake decorating contest. The week will include chocolate tastings and chocolate tempering mastery. We’ll learn how chocolate is created, chocolate chemistry and other chocolate trivia.
AFTER SCHOOL CLASSES, WEEKDAY DINNERS – Enjoy a weekday meal for 4 people your chef brings home for dinner each week. Basic cooking and knife skills will be incorporated into the menus we cook. Kids love to vote on what to cook and parents rave about the delicious dinner their young chefs bring home with pride. Note each session will generally have different menu items but possibly with some overlap. For instance, lasagna gets top votes nearly every time.