Come join La Toque for spring cooking fun. I’ve created a set of classes which I’m hoping offers something for everyone. You’ll notice there are after school classes for young chefs. Your chefs will bring home dinner for 4 on those nights. For adults only, I’m offering a “Wolfgang Puck” class. We’ll learn how to make easy weekday meals using his recipes (and some of my own). Some may have even been served at Spago’s on Lytton Ave, Palo Alto.
- March 6, 13, 20, 27, 3:30-5:30, Weekday Dinners, ages 10-15, teacher: Cindy Roberts, $250 (bring home dinner for 4 people)
- March 7, 14, 21, 28, 2:00-4:00, Weekday Dinners, ages 10-15, teacher: Cindy Roberts, $250 (bring home dinner for 4 people)
- March 9, 23, 30, 10:00-1:00, Remarkable California Chefs-Weekday Meals of Wolfgang Puck, ages 18-99, teacher: Cindy Roberts, $150 (eat lunch together after we cook and bring home leftovers)
- April 10, 17, 24, 27, May 1 3:30-5:30, Weekday Dinners, ages 10-15, teacher: Cindy Roberts, $250 (bring home dinner for 4 people)
- April 11, 18 25, 28, May 2, 2:00-4:00, Weekday Dinners, ages 10-15, teacher: Cindy Roberts, $250 (bring home dinner for 4 people)
REMARKABLE CALIFORNIA CHEFS – In each of these series we’ll focus on a different chef who has made an impact on California Cuisine and the California food revolution. Cooking techniques will be taught demonstrations and hands on cooking both by cooking the recipes of the famed chef or one of Cindy’s favorite recipes. We’ll dine together on our delicious dishes during the last part of class.
AFTER SCHOOL PROGRAM – Geared to chefs ages 10-15, we’ll cook up a meal for a family of 4 to be brought home that night for dinner. Chefs can request menu items to be taught. Cooking skills will be learned while we cook the meals together.
- June 4-8, 9-noon, Chocolate Champions, ages 10-15, teacher: Cindy Roberts, $295
- June 4-8 1-4, Sweet and Savory Around the World, ages 10-15, teacher: Meenu Bhasin , $295
- June 11-15, 9-noon, Chocolate Champions, ages 10-15, teacher: Cindy Roberts, $295
- June 18-22, 9-noon, Perfect Pizzas and Pastas, ages 10-15, teacher: Meenu Bhasin, $295
- July 9-13. 9-noon,Sweet and Savory Around the World, ages 10-15, teacher: Meenu Bhasin, $295
- July 11-13, 1-4, Parisian Bread and Croissants, ages 12-17, teacher: Cindy Roberts, $175
- July 16-20, 9-noon, EZ Peasy Meals for Younger Kids, ages 6-9, teacher: Cindy Roberts, $295
- July 23-27, 9-noon, EZ Peasy Meals for Younger Kids, ages 6-9, teacher: Cindy Roberts, $295
- August 6-10, 9-noon, Best of NY Times , ages 10-15, teacher: Cindy Roberts, $295
SWEET AND SAVORY COOKING AROUND THE WORLD – Do you enjoy eating a variety of different cuisines, or maybe you are looking for some new, easy and fun recipes, especially for kids. Well, here is your opportunity to learn, cook and enjoy sampling sweet and savory recipes from around the world, during this weekly delicious and exciting culinary summer adventure! The young chefs will get to vote on recipes that they would like to learn from India, Italy, France, America, China, Thailand, Japan, Brazil, Mexico and the Mediterranean.
PERFECT PIZZAS AND PASTAS – Learn to create and bake a different pizza and pasta each day of this summer camp. Make your favorite recipe, or try experimenting at a new one! Pizza combinations are exciting and endless such as, summer meat lovers pizza, Hawaiian pizza, 3 cheese pizza or veggie delight. Pasta favorites include pesto pasta, eggplant and spinach lasagne, chicken alfredo or spaghetti alla carbonara.
We’ll be cooking a host of chocolate treats including chocolate confections and compete in a chocolate cake decorating contest. The week will include chocolate tastings and chocolate tempering mastery. We’ll learn how chocolate is created, chocolate chemistry and other chocolate trivia.
DELECTABLE DINNERS – BEST OF THE NEW YORK TIMES – Put your trust in the readers of the acclaimed New York Times Cooking section. We’ll create a host of dinner menus with the most popular recipes from this publication. Once we serve them up, we’ll put them to our own taste test and write comments to the New York Times website.
EZ PEASY MEALS FOR YOUNGER KIDS – If you’re ready to get your younger children cooking up a storm, this camp is for you. Young chefs will learn basic cooking techniques in a fun environment geared towards children ages 6-9. They’ll exit the week with a full dinner menu they’ll be proud of including hand cranked pasta, guacamole, quesadillas and cornbread. As a special treat, the campers will compete in a cupcake decorating contest and a chocolate tasting.
PASISIAN BREAD AND CROISSANTS – Have fun making bread and croissants. Cindy attended a bread making class in Paris at the Cordon Bleu a few months ago and she’ll bring her new found knowledge about the bread making craft to young chefs this summer when she’ll teach how to make these in a home kitchen.