3 pounds green beans, trimmed
10 scallions, white and light green parts, chopped
1 bunch fresh dill, chopped
½ cup fresh parsley
½ cup walnuts
¼ cup lemon juice
1 ½ cup extra virgin olive oil
freshly ground pepper
cherry tomatoes, optional
How to make this recipe
- Trim ends off beans and cut into 2 inch pieces.
- Blanche beans in boiling water for 5 minutes. Drain and pour cold water over then to retard cooking.
- Place the scallions, dill, parsley, walnuts and lemon juice in a food processor. Puree.
- In the feed tube, add the olive oil and allow to drip through the middle hole while the food processor is running.
- Toss the beans with the sauce to coat.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve with cherry tomatoes on top if desired
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Serves: 6-8 servings
Source: Nantucket Open House Cookbook