1 ¼ cup all purpose flour
½ cup ground almonds or almond flour
2 tablespoons confectioner’s sugar
¼ teaspoon salt
6 tablespoons unsalted butter, cut into small pieces
1 egg yolk
2 tablespoons ice water
4 cups peaches, peeled and sliced
2 tablespoons orange juice
½ teaspoon almond extract
1 tablespoon cornstarch
3 tablespoons granulated sugar
¼ cup sliced almonds
1 tablespoon granulated sugar
2 tablespoons butter, cut into small pieces
How to make this recipe
- In a medium bowl, mix together all purpose flour, almond flour, confectioner’s sugar and salt.
- Blend in butter with a pastry blender until pea sized pieces of dough are formed.
- Slowly add ice water to the dough and mix with hands or a pastry blender until it starts to form a ball. Flatten into a disk. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Roll out dough and place in a tart pan. Refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. Place a piece of foil on top then either pie weights or dried beans. Bake for 15 minutes. Remove foil and bake until just starting to brown, about 5 minutes. Set aside to cool a bit.
- Turn oven down to 375 degrees F. In a separate bowl, mix together peaches, orange juice, almond extract, cornstarch and sugar.
- Place in tart pan. Sprinkle the sugar, sliced almonds and butter on top. Bake for 45-50 minutes
Prep Time: 30 minutes plus 1 ½ hour refrigeration time
Cook Time: 1 ¼ hour
Serves: 6-8 servings
Source: Kathy Reilly