La Toque’s Cooking Camp series brings cooking know how and fun to tweens and teens (ages 10-18) and younger cooks (ages 6-9). It’s all about letting the next generation have a blast with food and passing down culinary life skills from one generation to the next. Camp activities include cooking instruction, hands on projects, taste tests, contests and field trips. Campers will bring home their marvelous creations to share with their families and recipes to practice in their own kitchens. Sessions will be taught in a home setting in downtown Palo Alto.
Cost for each Camp is $250 per session except 4th of July week. REGISTER HERE
See some of the amazing creations from our 2015 camps and the fun we had making them.
(note registering for a sold out camp will put you on the wait list)
- SOLD OUT July 5-8, 9-noon, Easy Peasy Meals for Younger Kids (abbreviated), ages 6-9, teacher: Cindy Roberts
- SOLD OUT July 11-15, 9-noon, Delectable Dinners – Best of New York Times, ages 10-15, teacher: Cindy Roberts (NEW!)
- SOLD OUT July 11-15, 1-4, Delectable Dinners – Best of New York Times, ages 10-15, teacher: Gudrun Enger (NEW!)
- SOLD OUT July 18-22, 9-noon, Easy Peasy Meals for Younger Kids, ages 6-9, teacher: Cindy Roberts
- SOLD OUT July 25-29, 9-noon, Chocolate Champions, ages 10-15, teacher: Cindy Roberts
- July 25-29, 1-4, Delectable Dinners – Glorious and Gluten Free, ages 10-15, teacher: Alyssa Blau (NEW!)
- SOLD OUT August 1-5, 9-noon, Chocolate Champions, ages 10-15, teacher: Cindy Roberts
- August 1-5, 1-4, Delectable Dinners – Best of New York Times, ages 10-15, teacher: Alyssa Blau (NEW!)
- August 8-12, 9-noon, Chocolate Challengers, ages 13-18, teacher: Cindy Roberts (NEW!)
- SOLD OUT August 8-12, 1-4, Sweet And Savory Cooking Around The World, ages 10-15, teacher: Meenu Bhasin (NEW!)
- August 15-19, 9-noon, Pizza and Pasta Pros, ages 10-15, teacher: Cindy Roberts
- August 15-19, 1-4, Sweet And Savory Cooking Around The World, ages 10-15, teacher: Meenu Bhasin (NEW!)
SWEET AND SAVORY COOKING AROUND THE WORLD
Do you enjoy eating a variety of different cuisines, or maybe you are looking for some new, easy and fun recipes, especially for kids? Well, here is your opportunity to learn, cook and enjoy sampling sweet and savory recipes from around the world, during this weekly delicious and exciting culinary adventure! Recipes will be taught from America, India, Italy, China, France, Thailand, Greece, Korea, Japan and the Caribbean.
DELECTABLE DINNERS – GLORIOUS AND GLUTEN FREE
Learn how to create dinners and desserts that are not only delicious, they are also gluten free. From pizza and pasta from scratch, to lemon bars, cookies, and cakes. Each day your camper will learn how to make a complete meal from start to finish!
DELECTABLE DINNERS – BEST OF THE NEW YORK TIMES
Put your trust in the readers of the acclaimed New York Times Cooking section. We’ll create a host of dinner menus around the most popular recipes from 2014 and 2015. Once we serve them up, we’ll put them to our own taste test and write comments to the New York Times website.
EASY PEASY MEALS FOR YOUNGER KIDS
If you’re ready to get your younger children cooking up a storm, this camp is for you. Young chefs will learn basic cooking techniques in a safe environment geared towards children ages 6-9. They’ll exit the week with a full dinner menu they’ll be proud of including hand cranked pasta, several side dishes and cornbread. As a special treat, the campers will compete in a cupcake decorating contest and a chocolate tasting.
We’ll be cooking a host of chocolate treats including chocolate confections and compete in a chocolate cake decorating contest. The week will include chocolate tastings and chocolate tempering mastery. We’ll learn how chocolate is created, chocolate chemistry and other chocolate trivia.
For those chocoholics who are ready for their next chocolate challenge, this class is for you. This class will be fabulous for those who have taken other chocolate classes at La Toque or who have self taught themselves a bit about chocolate. We’ll learn a selection of amazing chocolate recipes from some of the chocolate masters: Alice Medrich, Nick Malgieri and David Lebovitz.
PIZZA AND PASTA PROS
Go wild (or at least creative) with pizza dough, sauces and toppings. Then crank out pasta into your favorite shape, make your own sauces, ravioli and more as you become a pizza and pasta pro. The week will be full of fun, including a pasta sauce taste test and Iron Chef style competitions.