2019 Classes and Camps
Come join La Toque for winter, spring and summer cooking fun. I’ve created a set of classes which I’m hoping offers something for everyone. You’ll notice there are after school classes for young chefs. Your chefs will bring home dinner for 4 on those nights. I’m offering two dessert classes, including my ever popular Chocolate Confections class during the March pausd school holiday. In the summer, I’m delighted to bring you a full week of amazing recipes from Yotam Ottolenghi.
After School Classes
- February 20, 27, March 13, 20, 2:00-4:30, Weekday Dinners, ages 10-15, teacher: Cindy Roberts, $265 4 SPACES LEFT
- February 21, 28, March 14, 21, 3:30-6:00, Weekday Dinners, ages 10-15, teacher: Cindy Roberts, $265 3 SPACES LEFT
- April 9, 16, 23, 30, 3:30-6:00, Weekday Dinners, ages 10-15, teacher: Cindy Roberts, $265
- April 10, 17, 24, May 1, 2:00-4:30, Weekday Dinners, ages 10-15, teacher: Cindy Roberts, $265
- April 11, 18, 25, May 2, 3:30-6:00, Weekday Dinners, ages 10-15, teacher: Cindy Roberts, $265
- February 15, 9-noon, Baking Blowout, ages 10-15, teacher: Cindy Roberts, $65 SOLD OUT
- March 11, 9-noon, Chocolate Confections, ages 10-15, teacher: Cindy Roberts, $65
- June 3-7, 9-noon, Delectable Dinners: Yummy Yotam Ottolenghi, ages 10-15, teacher: Cindy Roberts, $295 ONLY 2 SPACES LEFT
- June 10-14, 9-noon, Delectable Dinners: Yummy Yotam Ottolenghi, ages 10-15, teacher: Cindy Roberts, $295
- June 24-28, 9-noon, Easy Peasy Meals for Younger Kids, ages 6-9, teacher: Cindy Roberts, $295
- July 8-12, 9-noon, Easy Peasy Meals for Younger Kids, ages 6-9, teacher: Cindy Roberts, $295
- July 22-26, 9-noon, Bread and Croissants, ages 12-18, teacher: Cindy Roberts, $295
- July 29-August 2, 9-noon, Chocolate Champions, ages 10-15, teacher: Cindy Roberts, $295
AFTER SCHOOL CLASSES, WEEKDAY DINNERS – Enjoy a weekday meal for 4 people your chef brings home for dinner each week. Basic cooking and knife skills will be incorporated into the menus we cook. Kids love to vote on what to cook and parents rave about the delicious dinner their young chefs bring home with pride. Note each session will generally have different menu items but possibly with some overlap. For instance, lasagna gets top votes nearly every time.
BAKING BLOWOUT – Secret be told, Cindy is more of a baker then a savory chef. It all started when she was about 3 cooking alongside her mom and by age 5 she was telling her teachers cooking was “fun” and not “work”. In this single session class Cindy will teach at least 3 of her favorite dessert recipes she’s mastered over her decades having fun in the kitchen with possibly a new one to add to her ever growing “best ever desserts” list.
CHOCOLATE CONFECTIONS – Cindy has studied chocolate with the Bay Area masters: Alice Medrich, Michael Recchuiti and Joseph Sharfenburger. Lessons learned from all these chocolatiers will be woven into class with a focus on chocolate tempering, ganache and dipping chocolates with techniques learned from Michael
DELECTABLE DINNERS: YUMMY YOTAM OTTOLENGHI – Yotam Ottolenghi is all the rage on the cookbook scene. He has done wonders to capture the imagination of home cooks with “Jerusalem”, “Plenty”, “Sweet” and his recently published “Ottolenghi Simple”. Cindy had the pleasure of meeting Yotam and many hours in the kitchen sampling his recipes. She’ll share the wealth of this culinary genius with her students as we explore the recipes in his books.
EZ PEASY MEALS FOR YOUNGER KIDS – If you’re ready to get your younger children cooking up a storm, this camp is for you. Young chefs will learn basic cooking techniques in a fun environment geared towards children ages 6-9. They’ll exit the week with a full dinner menu they’ll be proud of including hand cranked pasta, guacamole, quesadillas and cornbread. As a special treat, the campers will compete in a cupcake decorating contest and a chocolate tasting.
BREADS AND CROISSANTS – Have fun making bread and croissants. Cindy attended a bread making class in Paris at the Cordon Bleu and she’ll bring her knowledge about the bread making craft to young chefs this summer. The short course in 2018 was such a hit that this is back for a full week with additional bread recipes.
We’ll be cooking a host of chocolate treats including chocolate confections and compete in a chocolate cake decorating contest. The week will include chocolate tastings and chocolate tempering mastery. We’ll learn how chocolate is created, chocolate chemistry and other chocolate trivia.